Membership in LREDA is open to all who support our Vision and Mission
Membership in LREDA offers many benefits. As a member you have access to:
- The LREDA listserve
- Our Facebook group
- Local chapters
- Good Officers
- Scholarships for credentialing, renaissance modules, and our annual conference
- The member portal
- And the support of colleagues in both the United States and Canada.
Membership categories include:
- Active ($193, hardship $96)
- Student or New ($55, hardship $28)
- Institutional ($100, hardship $50)
- Supportive ($100, hardship $50)
- Life (Free, Suggested donation $36)
- Friend (Suggested donation $18)
To join or pay dues:
To pay by check, write the member's name in the memo line and mail it to: LREDA, 284 Hartford Ave, #1002, Bellingham, MA 02019
If you need an invoice or have a question about your membership, please contact Juliet
Active Voting Members are
A) Currently employed or actively seeking employment in one of the following categories:
1) Religious Educators who have completed at least three years in a paid position within a UU congregation or have completed at least five Renaissance modules, or are Credentialed at any level by the UUA.
2) Ministers who have been in fellowship with the UUA for three years.
3) Youth Directors, Young Adult and Campus Ministry Professionals who have completed at least three years in a paid position with a UU congregation or UU affiliated organization or have completed at least five Renaissance modules.
4) Professors, researchers and educators serving in an academic setting who have earned an advanced degree in religious education or a related field e.g. religious studies, theology, or education.
5) Liberal religious educators in non-UU traditions who are in positions equivalent to any of the above.
B) Persons actively involved in UU religious education, where such involvement may be deemed equivalent to employment.
Active voting members have full rights and privileges.
Student / New Members are
- Employed as directors or coordinators of religious education, as youth directors or young adult or campus ministry professionals and have completed less than three years in a paid position within a UU congregation or with a UU affiliated organization and have completed less than five Renaissance modules.
- Preparing for careers in professional religious leadership in theological schools.
Student/New members can attend and speak at LREDA meetings, and serve on committees; but may not vote or serve as LREDA Board members or committee chairpersons.
Organizations or institutions that wish to support the work of LREDA and benefit from its mailings.
Institutional members may not vote.
Individuals who wish to support the work of LREDA and benefit from its resources and programs.
Supportive members can attend and of speak at LREDA meetings and serve on committees; but may not vote or serve as LREDA Board members or committee chairpersons.
is granted to anyone who has been an Active LREDA member for more than ten years, is at least sixty-two, retired and is a current LREDA member at the time Life Membership is granted.
Life Members retain full rights, privileges and responsibilities until they resign their membership.
Life members do not need to pay dues, but we appreciate any donations.
Anyone interested in supporting our work may become a friend of LREDA.
This category doesn't have access to the Facebook private group.